Yale Jackson School of Global Affairs Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship 2023
Don’t forget to Read: How To Make Money Online as a Students
Applications for the Yale Jackson School of Global Affairs Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship 2023 are now open. The fellowship offers an opportunity for 16 young climate and clean energy practitioners from across the Global South to broaden their technical skills, deepen their professional networks, and exchange views with top global clean energy and climate change leaders.
The Fellowship has three components:
- Yale Orientation Week: This eight-month fellowship will kick off with a one-week, in-person orientation program at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, running from November 28 to December 2, 2023. Fellows will engage in a series of interactive sessions with prominent Yale faculty and practitioners to set the terms of the global climate change debate. Fellows will explore the wide range of climate change initiatives housed at Yale, and delve into cutting-edge scholarship on a broad range of clean energy and climate issues.
- Remote Learning Journeys: Twice per month for five months, Yale Climate Fellows will engage in remote sessions with top international experts on the full range of policy issues associated with climate change and the clean energy transition. Sessions will be spirited journeys allowing the development of communities of practice in specialties, and extensive mentoring opportunities.
- Paris Closing Week: This eight-month fellowship will be concluded with an in-person week in Paris, running from June 26 – June 30, 2023. Fellows will meet with top international climate change analysts; share perspectives gleaned throughout the program, and consolidate professional and personal contacts developed through peer learning and exchanges of views.
- There is no application fee or other cost to apply or participate. All fellows’ costs for Yale Orientation week and Paris closing week will be covered by the program (round-trip airfare, hotels, transfers and per-diem).
- Applicants should be between five and ten years into their professional careers, with demonstrated accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level. While there is no maximum age limit, they are looking for young leaders to launch the program.
- Applicants must be representatives of the Global South. They look forward to welcoming a diverse representation from developing Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America/Caribbean.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. Excellent command of the English language is essential to successfully participate in the program.
- Climate Fellows must be available to participate in person for two weeks of the program: the Yale Orientation week, which will run from November 28 to December 2, 2023, and the Paris closing week, which will run from June 26 to June 30, 2023. Fellows must also be available for the 10 learning journeys to be arranged remotely between January and May 2023.
- An established record of achievement in a profession linked to clean energy and climate change. They seek to identify a diverse group of Fellows from across multiple stakeholder groups, ranging from government officials, to industry regulators, to entrepreneurs, to energy company/utility professionals, to bankers/financiers, to journalists, to educators/researchers, to civil society representatives, to legislators, to legal advisors, to consultants.
- A commitment to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level.
- Demonstrated promise of a future career in leadership at both the national and potentially global levels.
- An eagerness to expand and deepen professional networks and to benefit from exposure to top global leaders in clean energy and climate change.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a résumé/curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages), a personal statement (maximum 1,000 words), and one letter of recommendation. Applicants also have the option of submitting a brief video statement.
The application process for admission to the Climate Fellows Program is done entirely online. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
Interested applicants should Click here to apply. For more information, visit Climate Leaders Fellowship.
Application Deadline: August 15, 2023
Recommended: WEBSITES? ... CLICK HERE FOR MORE...