University of Johannesburg (UJ) Artists in Residence Programme 2023
Don’t forget to Read: How To Make Money Online as a Students
Applications are open for the University of Johannesburg (UJ) Artists in Residence Programme 2023. Designed to stimulate arts practice as research, the UJ Artists in Residence Programme makes residencies available in Visual and Fine Arts, Music, Theatre, Performance and Dance, Design, Film and Television, and Literary Arts.
The programme is open for applications from new, emerging, and established artists from across the globe, but preferably with a connection to Africa. Artists are eligible to apply for physical or remote residencies at the institution and depending on the nature of the proposed residency, successful artists may work partly or completely remotely.
The Artists in Residence Programme enables artists by making monthly stipends available over a 12-month period and does not provide project or seed funding. Applicants are required to establish a working relationship with a department or division at the University of Johannesburg that will endorse their application and host their residency should the application be successful.
- Successful applicants will be offered a 12-month residency formalized through temporary employment at the institution. A monthly stipend of R10,000 (subject to statutory deductions) will be made available to Artists in Residence. The programme is designed as a stimulus programme and no additional project/seed funding will be made available through the programme.
- Open to new, emerging and established artists from across the globe, but preferably with a connection to Africa.
- Artists are eligible to apply for physical and/or remote residencies at the institution. Thus, depending on the nature of the proposed residency, successful artists may work partly or completely remotely.
- Applicants may not be affiliated with another South African tertiary institution.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement by a UJ host department or division.
- Only proposals for projects that fall within the following disciplines will be eligible:
- Visual Arts and Fine Arts
- Performance and Dance
- Film and Television
- Literary Arts
- Artists in Residence positions are awarded on a competitive basis, taking the applicant’s career track record, level of productivity, academic writing experience or potential and residency proposal into account.
- Step 1: Applicants are required to acquire a letter of endorsement from a UJ department or division that will be the custodian of the project. Letters of endorsement should reflect on the role the department or division will play in the collaboration as well as the kind of enabling environment it is able to provide. Letters should include any administrative, physical and/or financial resources that the department or division will contribute to the collaborative Artists in Residence project(s). If additional project funding is required, a resourcing/fundraising strategy should be included in the project proposal.
- Step 2: Upon receipt of the letter of endorsement sent to [email protected], the applicant will receive a link to complete the online Jotform application.
For more information, visit UJ Artists in Residence.
Deadline: July 31, 2023
Recommended: WEBSITES? ... CLICK HERE FOR MORE...