Applications are open for the Global Horizons Fellowship Programme 2023-2024. The Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study (SCAS) offers the Global Horizons Residential Fellowship Programme to scholars from all countries, engaged in research in the field of global governance.
The purpose of the Global Horizons Programme is to advance multidisciplinary frontline research on global future governance issues, focusing on large-scale challenges. The programme aims to attract research fellows pursuing research on contemporary aspects of globalization and to promote a thematic collaboration across faculty lines. The programme revolves around three thematic areas: Global Knowledge Cultures and Regimes; Global Political Predicaments; and Global Futures. The programme is future-oriented in its ambition to contribute to the advancement of knowledge on contemporary forms of governance and their future implications.
The programme gives fellows the opportunity to concentrate on their own research interests, free from the teaching and administrative obligations of ordinary university life. Fellows are, however, expected to be active members of the scholarly community of the Collegium and to participate in seminars and academic events beyond their own fields of specialization.
- Fellows receive a monthly salary. Applicants may want to consider seeking additional financial support from other sources, such as sabbatical leave.
- The Collegium will provide and pay for accommodation for Fellows who do not live in the Stockholm–Uppsala region.
The Fellowship Programme will offer one Advanced Fellowship and one Young Scholar Fellowship per year during a five-year period.
For the Advanced Fellowship, the candidate should, at the time of application:
- Have held a PhD (or equivalent degree) for at least seven years;
- Have a track record of significant and original research achievements;
- Be active at the international forefront of his/her research field.
Early-career scholars applying for the Young Scholar Fellowship should:
- Have a promising track record of independent achievements at the post-doctoral level (at the most seven years from PhD degree), including significant publications, and be active in international fora.
- As an applicant, you are not required to hold a university position at the time of application.
Scholars may apply for a full academic year (September – June) or one semester.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click the link below to apply:
For more information, visit Global Horizons Fellowship.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2022