R350 Grant Under the New Rules – How to Apply
Don’t forget to Read: How To Make Money Online as a Students
Now that the National State of Disaster has ended, the Sassa R350 grant is managed under new rules. Here’s how to submit your R350 grant application under these new rules.
The Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant is now managed under the Social Assistance Act and not the State of Disaster Act as we are no longer under the National State of Disaster. So how will SRD grant applications work now?
The SRD grant is due to come to an end in March 2023. Every month, Sassa R350 grant applications are open for those wanting to apply.
How to apply for the SRD grant online
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll to the ‘How do I apply for this SRD Grant’ section
- Click on the yellow bar which says ‘click here to apply online’
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “send sms”
- Then enter the one time pin that Sassa has sent to the number
- Continue the application process by filling in the steps required by Sassa
How to apply for the SRD grant on WhatsApp
- Add 082 046 8553 as a contact on your phone
- Go on WhatsApp and send a message saying ‘hi’ to this number
- You will then receive a response and you should then respond saying ‘help’
- You will be given various options, reply saying ‘4’
- This will lead you to the Unathi Sassa platform message which you should reply ‘SRD’ to
- You then have to confirm whether you’re applying for yourself or someone else
- Now the actual application begins and you’ll have to submit your name, surname and ID number in the message.
- You will then receive a message on Whatsapp stating the next steps.
In order to access or to have your SRD grant application considered, an applicant must grant consent for Sassa to verify his or her identity, residency, income or social security benefits. Applicants will also need to accept the declaration and consent.
Under the new Act, existing beneficiaries are urged to reapply. Once you’ve reapplied, you won’t have to apply again.
Applicants are urged to only submit one application instead of multiple applications across the various platforms. Confirmation will be received as soon as the application has been successfully submitted.
Sassa has to then approve or reject all SRD grant applications received before the 15th of the month. Beneficiaries will then receive an SMS informing them of whether they’ve been approved or not.
Recommended: WEBSITES? ... CLICK HERE FOR MORE...