Don’t forget to Read: How To Make Money Online as a Students
Applications are invited for the Pan-African School for Emerging Astronomers (PASEA) 2023. The Pan-African School for Emerging Astronomers is a programme held every two years in Africa.
Organized and taught by a collaboration of international astronomers, the main goals of PASEA are to contribute in building a critical mass of astronomers across Africa, and build community among African scientists. PASEA alumni are now attending graduate programs across the globe including in countries such as South Africa, the UK, Canada, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, and Portugal, as well as serving as teachers, scientists, and engineers in their home countries. At each summer school, there are approximately 40 undergraduate participants and 20 post-graduates, from across Africa.
The programme features:
- an undergraduate curriculum that includes lectures and hands-on activities.
- a post-graduate curriculum that includes learning best research practices, observations with telescopes, and how to analyze telescope data.
- professional development seminars (including tips for applying to graduate school)
- countless opportunities to network and collaborate remotely with STEM students from across Africa!
- Selected applicants are to fund their trips to Livingstone, Zambia. Accommodation and meals will be provided by PASEA.
- Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students, graduates from the faculty of sciences, engineering, and high school science teachers.
- The organizers also encourage all to apply, especially women.
How to Apply
PASEA 2023 will take place in Livingstone, Zambia, from October 10 – 14, 2023. The application will close on August 7, 2023.
Application Deadline: August 7, 2023
Recommended: WEBSITES? ... CLICK HERE FOR MORE...